Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fresh Start

I went for a really nice brisk walk/jog today. Just about 3.5 miles, in about 58 minutes. No, not speedy, but considered brisk to very brisk. It kept my heart rate between 130 and 150...so that's decent. And I got on the scale today (after breakfast, after drinking water and my walk, so I expect to check it again tomorrow morning and have it be a little lower than it was now). 175 lbs. *sigh* And I am journaling my food again. If I got back to 135? I'd be happy at this point. Delighted at 125 to 130 (my lowest post-op was 117, and I don't need or want to go there again), but 135 would feel good. And the alcohol? Well, that just needs to stop, period. When it comes to exercise, I'm really good at making the unsustainable sustainable until I'm injured, and then I can't do anything. Given my knee, ankle and hip issues, I need to find something that will keep me healthy and fit without making me unable to do anything. So for now, my goal is a good healthy walk 4 times a week...maybe even 5. Here goes nothing.

1 comment:

Missy Jennings said...

Way to go!!! Keep up the great work!